1 containing only one kind of antibody [ant: polyvalent]
Monovalent may refer to:
- In chemistry, valence is a measure of the number of chemical bonds formed by the atoms of a given element. Monovalent is a synonym of univalent.
- Monovalent ions contain one valence electron.
- In immunology, antivenin (antivenom) can be classified as monovalent when effective against a single species' venom.
- In immunology, a monovalent vaccine contains vaccine components directed at only one pathogen. A multivalent vaccine (also known as polyvalent) combines several vaccines (such as the MMR vaccine).
- In philosophy, monovalence is a view of reality that claims existence is eternal.
monovalent in Catalan: Monovalent